If you have ever visited Israel or the surrounding Mediterranean countries, or watched "Don't mess with the Zohan" by Adam Sandler, you know that there is nothing more important than hummus. This healthy and delicious delicacy - eaten simply with a spoon, or dipped on a fresh, warm piece of pita bread - is a staple food in many a kitchen fridge worldwide.
In this episode of MomjoEats, I decided to showcase one of the quick and easy go-to ways that we prepare hummus in my home, which is always a hit among ourselves and visitors! (SEE RECIPE AND VIDEO OF HOW TO MAKE IT BELOW)
What you'll need:
- Hummus (store-bought / home-made)
- 1 onion
- Sliced mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Pine nuts
- Fresh parsley
How to make it:
1. Heat up a little olive oil in a pan and once hot, throw the sliced onions and mushrooms in the pan to fry until browned.
2. Spoon the hummus onto a platter (best to watch the video to see how best to do this).
3. Spoon the onions and mushrooms onto the middle section of the hummus on the platter
4. Sprinkle paprika and pine nuts around the edges of the hummus
5. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley
** This recipe could be done plain without the fried veg if you just wanted to make your regular hummus more interesting, or you could add other veggies, and even beans, chic peas or minced meat!
Want to watch me make the hummus platter? Check out our latest Facebook video right below: And don't forget to Like/Follow us on Facebook @findingmomjo for access to our latest content!